The Sydney Elite Massage Therapy team are driven to help improve the health and wellness for all of our clients - no matter their vocation, activity preference or athletic ability.
This month we’re stepping out of the clinic and into the local community, supporting organisations that have a positive impact on society. This fills us with pride and a sense of togetherness.
- Sans Souci Football Club – Sat 8 Sep 2018 Junior Presentation Day
- St George & Sutherland Medical Research Foundation – Sun 9 Sep 2018 Beachside Dash
- Heartbeat of Football – Fri 21 Sep 2018 St Michael’s Golf Day
We’re giving back to the game I love
My involvement with football began as a player in 1999 with Sans Souci Football Club. I have coached and performed trainer/therapist duties for the club’s All Age teams, and am now a proud spectator watching my kids play the game I love. At the Junior Presentation Day on September 8, Sydney Elite Massage Therapy are offering a 5 minute seated massage for a small donation to the Sans Souci Football Club as they make vital updates to their facilities ahead of the 2019 season. 100% of your donation will be passed on to the Club.
Running for fun and critical funds
Back for our second year at the Beachside Dash, the Sydney Elite Massage Therapy team will be on hand to deliver highly skilled treatments to this year’s participants on September 9. Stop by for a recovery treatment after your 2km, 5km or 10km run for a small donation to the St George and Sutherland Medical Research Foundation. Your donation goes towards critical funding for medical research at the St George and Sutherland Hospitals, imperative in battling disease and keeping all of us as healthy as can be!
Sydney Elite are also donating 8 prizes for the event.
Heart beats for the round ball
I have a passion for the round ball game, and was shocked to learn about the alarming number of deaths attributed to cardiac arrest within the sport:
- 2014-2016: Nationally, 15 players & officials died of a heart attack or cardiac arrest while engaging in football games. Three players were saved during this time.
- 2017-18: Nationally, 2 players have died but there has been a huge turnaround with 14 players saved. This is due to CPR training, defibrillator availability and people who were first aid trained who knew how to react to a life threatening situations.
- The NSW Government has already embarked on a 4 year defibrillator rollout worth $4,000,000.
- The Victorian Government started a 3 year rollout a year in advance to NSW worth $3,000,000.
- In 2018, the Heartbeat of Football conducted tests at local football grounds in NSW. These tests indicated that between 35% to 43% of those who were tested were advised to see their local G.P for abnormally high levels of sugar, cholesterol or blood pressure.
The shock and alarm turned into a drive to help, so for the last few years Sydney Elite have been supporting The Heartbeat of Football's desire to lower the incidences of heart disease on the pitch.
Want to make a contribution to the upcoming community events? You can!
- Visit us on the day at any or all of the 3 events, OR
- Click the links below to donate to the organisations directly!
As a way to say ‘thank you’ to all the runners in the Beachside Dash, the Sans Souci Football Club volunteers, players and their families and The Heartbeat of Football Golf Day players and sponsors, we are offering you generous people one 60 minute massage at the 45 minute rate.
That’s 15 minutes extra time with one of our amazing therapists at our Kogarah clinic!
Book online or call 9587 8566 to secure you appointment before your offer ends.
Yours in health,